Wednesday 31 December 2014

To make resolutions or to not make resolutions?

Different years I have made resolutions and other years, I have not. I will admit that most years that I have resolutions that I've broken them eventually. Rules are made to broken, eh? It's like it they are there tempting you to break them... or, rather, question why you made them in the first place?

I'm making my Oldest Minion wrote 5 "goals" for the New Year as part of his holiday journal and then after the obligatory 5 lines are take up, then talk about what he would like to do in 2015. So far he has play with water swords in the summer and build forts in the Winter. Fair enough and doable. So, taking a page out of his book, I should keep my resolutions reasonable.

1. V1.0 Get more sleep. (Not going to happen)

1. V2.0 Wish for more sleep? (Doable. Check.)

2. V.1.0 Eat better. (Why is this always on the list? Rather vague. I can do better).

2. V.2.0. Eat less chicken fingers. (Also not realistic).

2. V3.0 Eat all real-meat chicken fingers. (Done).

3. V1.0 Try to work out more. (Yeah.... need I say more?)

3. V2.0 Take the Minions around the block on the weekend at least once. (Works for me.)

4. Learn new children's songs. (I think that's reasonable thanks to YouTube. Check out 7 8 9 by the Barenaked Ladies if you haven't already)

5. V1.0 Do more things with the family out of the house. (That's a big commitment.)

5. V2.0 Do more things with the family out of the house starting this winter and summer will take care of itself. (Winter Wish-list here I come. And note to self, if I tell the Oldest Minion about it, then I have to do it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment